Energy Efficiency

Energy efficiency in rented properties.

Energy Performance

Private rented properties require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and should reach a minimum energy performance rating of E or better. 

Minimum energy efficiency requirements apply to new tenancies from April 2018 and to existing tenancies from April 2020.

Visit Devon and Somerset Trading Standards web pages for more information.

Home Energy Advice

The Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) supported by Mendip District Council provides a free home energy advice line to all Mendip residents.  The CSE provide expert advice on energy efficiency improvements, improving heating, lowering fuel bills and available financial assistance.

Centre for Sustainable Energy loloWebsite: 


Phone: 0800 082 2234

Financial Assistance

Grants and loans are available from the Council to make essential home improvements including energy improvements and to install renewable energy solutions. Visit the Grants, Loans and Financial Assistance page for more information..

ECO flex Statement of Intent

The ECO flexible eligibility statement explains how the Council will direct assistance towards private sector homes at risk of fuel poverty.  The statement of intent is available from the Housing Policies web page.

Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA)

Icon for pdf HECA Report 2017 [1.64MB]

Icon for pdf HECA 2019 report [212.4KB]