Link to homepage

New Resident Council Tax Information

If you have just moved into, or within, Mendip and you are an owner or tenant of your new property it is likely you will have to pay Council Tax.

Information on Council Tax can be found here..

Please can you tell us:

  • Your full name; e.g. Mr John Smith
  • Your new full address; e.g. 1 Main Street, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 5BT
  • The date you took on the ownership / tenancy (this may be different to the actual date you moved in)
  • Your previous address if you lived in the Mendip District Council area.

Please use the contact form, or you can phone the Council, write to us, or visit us in person - Contact Mendip District Council.

Other useful information:

Paying your Council Tax

Reducing your Council Tax